Things to do with kids in Hampshire in half term and weekends
If you’re feeling the pinch this month and think that you need to stay in to save the pennies, then think again!
Don’t let a limited budget stop you from going out and about throughout Hampshire. There’s loads of free days out in Hampshire you can enjoy as a family, and we have the ultimate list here.
Things To Do With Kids
We all know how costly it can be to keep the family busy, so here at Hampshire Mums, we’ve put together a list of free fun activities in and around Hampshire to keep you and your family busy regardless of the great British weather.
Whether you’re looking for a day out in Hampshire or somewhere you can make a splash, there are loads of fun and free things to do right on your doorstep.
Here are 33 free days out with the kids in Hampshire that will keep everyone amused whatever the age. Splash parks, playgrounds, museums and activities that are all free! (Parking charges may apply.)
Hampshire Country Parks
Explore Hampshire’s countryside by visiting one of it’s country parks. Take the bikes and scooters and see what you can find. Some even offer free parking and have a playground and picnic benches for you to enjoy!
Have a look at our full list of country parks here.
1) Lakeside (Eastleigh)
2) Itchen Valley Country Park (Southampton)
3) Lepe Country Park (Hythe)
4) Manor Farm (Burseldon)
5) Queen Elizabeth Country Park (Horndean)
6) River Hamble Country Park (Hamble)
7) Royal Victoria Country Park (Netley Abbey)
8) Staunton Country Park (Havant)
9) Titchfield Haven (Titchfield)
10) Basingstoke Canel (Basingstoke)
Over 20+ Free Hampshire Printables
If you are looking for ideas on what to do to entertain the whole family then why not join our free Resource Vault. We have over 20+ printables that you can download as many times as you like.
This includes themed ideas like treasure maps to going out ideas.
Join our free Resource Vault here
(By joining giving us your email address you are consenting to us emailing you about our other fun Hampshire ideas that keep the whole family amused. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of every email.)
Free Museums in Hampshire
Looking for somewhere dry to take the kids that’s also free? Try one of these Hampshire museums that are family friendly and fun.
11) Andover Museum (Andover)
12) Army Medical Services Museum Keogh Barracks (Aldershot)
13) Adjutant General’s Corps Museum The Guardhouse (Winchester)
14) Southampton City Art Gallery (Southampton)
15) Curtis Museum (Alton)
16) Eastleigh Museum (Eastleigh)
17) Fort Nelson (Fareham)
Playgrounds in Hampshire
A great and free way for everyone to burn off some energy. See our full list of 67 playgrounds in Hampshire that are all free and picnic friendly for more playgrounds near you.
18) The War Memorial Park (Basingstoke)
19) Harbour View Playground (Fareham)
20) Southsea Common Play Area (Portsmouth)
21) Romsey War Memorial Park (Romsey)
22) Weston Parade Play Park (Southampton)
Free Splash Parks in Hampshire
Cool off in one of these free splash parks. If you have a few pounds spare, then our full list of splash parks, water parks and paddling pools throughout Hampshire will give you some ideas.
23) Hedge End Paddling Pool (Hedge End)
24) Testwood Paddling Pool (Totton)
25) Fleming Park Paddling Pool (Eastleigh)
26) Southampton Common Park (Southampton)
27) Southsea Splash Pool (Portsmouth)
28) Eastrop Park (Basingstoke)
Beaches in Hampshire
From traditional sand to fun on the stones, we really do have some cracking beaches in Hampshire.
29) Calshot Beach (Southampton)
30) Lepe Beach (Southampton)
31) Tanners Lane Beach (Lymington)
32) Hurst Spit Beach (New Forest)
33) Weston Shore (Southampton)
If you enjoyed this post and would like some more ideas on things to do in Hampshire then head over to the Things To Do section here on Things To Do In Hampshire With Kids where you’ll find over 50 day out ideas in Hampshire that the whole family will enjoy. You could also pop over and follow our Facebook page here or our Hampshire days out Pinterest boards for lots more ideas on what you can do as a family in Hampshire; Days Out For The Kids in Hampshire and Cheap and Free Days Out in Hampshire.
What the * means
If a link has an * by it, then this means it is an affiliate link and helps S4SM stay free for all. If you use the link, it may mean that we receive a very small payment. It will not cost you anymore that it would normally.
You shouldn’t notice any difference and the link will never negatively impact the product. The items we write about are NEVER dictated by these links. We aim to look at all products on the market. If it isn’t possible to get an affiliate link, then the link, or product is still included in the same way, just with a non-paying link.